Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Keeping up with the Yarbs

April 11, 2006

Well, as I had to create a blog to comment on Buzzupdates.blogspot.com, I felt I might as well create one for the facilitation of communication amoung family members. Not that we have anything noteworthy to say...but by gosh that won't keep us from saying it!

The news from Rosedale is--no home sale on the horizon at the moment. Waiting on septic design before we can proceed with The 20 Acre Wood. We have already chosen our new email address and I hope it isn't taken...ohopyday. We were told we have to pick a different houseplan. I don't understand why they can't put the top of one plan on the bottom of another with the outside of a third? What's up with that? My dad is right...architects are useless.


Dad (Tom) discounted all OSHA regulations yesterday in an attempt to paint the chimney surround. I stood at the bottom of the ladder holding the paint tray while he weilded a twenty foot paint roller, brush and rag standing 40 ft. up on a ladder. Look Mom, no hands! I just knew he was going to fall on the cement below, but luckily he didn't. I would have killed him if he fell but he will live to paint another day.

In other news, Matt Morris is getting married on Easter Sunday to someone named Tyler Brooke Davis. Apparently he does not believe in long engagements.

MOM Y.

16 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My absence from the family picture is offensive and anthrocentric.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why you are "The Dickster"

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW...those funny things called radio buttons on the comment screen making posting comments a snap. Try clicking the radio button labeled other or Anonymous.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

really? radio whah. does not compute

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today's M's lineup is hitting .210 as a group. That is fantastic! Maybe soon we should rename them the Seattle Mendoza's. Kind of catchy

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, oh my gosh. I am so white in that picture. Thank goodness I'm among the Norwegians.

Second, I wanted to share with you all this posting (and replies) from our electronic bulletin board at work, the reason for which will become obvious as soon as you read it:

Original posting:

My daughter's birthday party (5!) is this weekend. One of
the things she would like is a pinata, but I'm trying to
think of things to put in one besides lots of candy and
plastic crap. Any ideas? All I've thought of so far are
peanuts in the shell.

Replies:

(LAME!)
How about a healthier sweet item...such as those little crackers made of sesame seeds pressed in (basically) what appears to be honey...which you can find individually wrapped.

(LAME-O!)
Fruit snacks (small individual packets), small boxes of raisins, sugarless bubble gum, small packets of seeds (to plant in a garden).

(SUPER LAME BUT MAYBE LISA'S FAV)
We would put individual goodie bags in the pinata so that each child got exactly the same amount. We marked the bags with the guest's names so it was clear that each child got only one bag. This seemed to make the mad scramble for the loot less competitive. I would sometimes include toothbrushes and little tubes of toothpaste in the goodie bags, along with some candy.

(DEFINITELY ANDY'S FAVE)
I heard once that somone filled a pinata with quarters, but when they broke the pinata it turned into shrapnel. So, I guess my suggestions is don't use quarters - or any change for that matter.

(AND PERHAPS MOST DISTURBING)
No one will expect gerbils...!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Lola Yarb said...

Dexter,
Please note your photo now appears on the family blog.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Lola Yarb said...

What moron parent gives peanuts in the shell to a five year old? They are too little for peanuts. They choke on them. Plus what 5 year old has the manual dexterity or desire to open one?

Some people should not be allowed too procreate. They give parents a bad name.

Plus you have a very sick office.

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope somebody suggested semi-automatic weapons. Kids go crazy for those. Can you imagine the scramble for those babies? I like that idea more than quarters.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I agree Andy! One can never be too good looking or have too many fire-arms. Even 5 year-olds.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Lola Yarb said...

Please include me in that catagory of those who should never have procreated.

I produced right-wing gun-nut jobs. I don't know where I went wrong.

I will say this blog has been highly entertaining. Dad and I were rolling on the floor laughing last night.

Has Lisa made an enty yet? Probably not after the severe mockery from her spousal unit.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but we are Attractive right-wing gun loving nutjobs! There is a difference.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Lola Yarb said...

Oh, yes. I would much prefer to be shot by someone attractive toting a gun than by some heinous looking person. It makes all the difference.

FYI, they busted four 12, 13 year olds at a Key Peninsula middle school today for a plan to steal weapons, set the school unfire, than shoot the teahers, administrators and classmates they were mad at. I hope they are attractive children. That makes all the difference.

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, those kids were probably given the idea by there liberal moonbat teacher. So they were likely protesting on behalf of the teacher. If they had right wing nut job parents they probably would have had more success and likely access to guns in the first place. The teacher was a typing instructor upset that he is no longer allowed to talk about: Blood for oil, Top ten reasons why Bush is afraid to watch Brokeback Moutain, How Sharia would be better than our current constitution, why young gay men are not given equality since they can't wed ten dudes at the same time, etc, etc...

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Lola Yarb said...

I'm not sure they allow liberal teachers on the Key Peninsula. It is meth lab haven.

One of the guests told me (very reliable source) that brokeback actually is a reference to the gay sexual position. Is that true?

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supposedly this came up in an interview with one of the persons involved with the movie Brokeback Mountain on Oprah.

As I was told, Oprah had not heard of the term brokeback with a similar meaning to that in the article you referenced. The actor or director or whoever told her it was. I heard it directly from Gloria Tyler--whose daughter watched Oprah, so it must be true. You can't have a mre reliable, direct source.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home